Romipen Contest - Rules and Regulations
Sponsor of this contest which is organized under the name “ROMIPEN“ (hereinafter referred to only as “Contest“), is the Czech Radio, with the seat of its activities at Vinohradská 12, 120 99 Praha 2, ID No.: 45245053, established by the Act No. 484/1991 Coll., on the Czech Radio (hereinafter referred to only as "Sponsor").
II. CONTEST SCHEDULE
Contest will take a place during the period between December 10, 2007 and May 31, 2008.
III. CONTEST PARTICIPANTS
1. Contest is opened to all persons and that includes professional as well as amateur photographers.
2. Persons who are employed by the sponsor or have similar relation with the contest sponsor or his contractual partners who are active in the preparation and operations of this contest and their associates are not allowed to enter this contest.
3. All participants who in any way contravene these rules will be ruled out from this contest.
IV. CONTEST SUBMISSION
1. The contestants’ assignment is to take a photograph of any “scene” from the Romany life.
2. Each photo must be accompanied by the description with information about what the photograph illustrates, where and when it was taken. The author can include a short story which is related to the photograph. Text of the story can be in the Czech, English, German, French or Russian language.
3. Photographs can originate from various countries of the world, with no regard to the year when they were taken.
V. CONTEST RULES
1. Condition for the participation in the contest is a submission of digital or classic photographs, while:
Your contest contributions can be also submitted in person directly in the
building of the Czech Radio at the information desk located in the entrance
hall, while the envelope must be clearly marked: “Romipen Photo
Contest “. Address for the delivery in person: Czech Radio, Římská 13,
- Digital photos must have definition of at least 1600 x 1200 pixels and must be in JPG graphic format. You may send the photos to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Please include a brief description of each photograph and do not forget to include the title of the photograph, name, surname, address and the contact telephone number of the person who has made the photograph in your e-mail message.
One author is allowed to send a maximum of 10 digital photographs!
- Classic photographs on photographic paper must have the minimum size of 18 x 24 cm and should be sent by mail to the following address: Jana Šustová, Czech Radio – Online, Vinohradská 12, 120 99 Praha 2.
Envelopes should be clearly marked: “Romipen Photo Contest “.
The reverse side of each photograph must be clearly marked in capital letters, indicating the following information: title of the photograph, name, surname, address and the contact telephone number of the person who has made the photograph.
One author is allowed to send a maximum of 10 photographs!
2. The contest will not accept any photographs:
a) which are not related by any means to the topic of this contest,
b) which contain unethical contents (promotion of pornography, violence, vulgarity, racial intolerance and similar situations),
c) which are described by vulgar or otherwise scandalous description or comments which contravene good moral standards,
d) which according to information available to the sponsor of the contest were made by the author different from the contest participant.
VI. CONTEST CODITIONS
1. By delivering the contest contribution (photographs) to the Czech Radio the participant to the contest declares that:
a) he/she has made each photograph personally and that he/she has unlimited right to provide the other persons with the right to use it in unlimited extent,
b) persons captured in the photographs made by him/her agree with publishing of this photograph on the Czech Radio Internet website or agree with its any other use by the Czech Radio.
c) there will be no claims made against the Czech Radio as a result of any rights of third parties in the relation to his/her participation in the contest. In the event there will be any claims against the Czech Radio resulting from the breach of the contest rules, the participant undertakes that he/she will satisfy these claims immediately and at the same time will reimburse the Czech radio for all resulting damages.
VII. EVALUATION METHOD
1. Selected photographs will be continuously published on the Czech Radio www.rozhlas.cz/romove website.
2. When the contest ends, but no later than June 30, 2008, the five-member professional jury headed by the well-known photographer Chad Evans Wyatt will select ten (10) best photographs.
3. The winners, whose list will be published on the www.rozhlas.cz/romove website within 15 days from the selection of 10 best photographs by the professional jury, will be contacted by e-mail or by telephone.
4. The list of winners will be available on the contest website and or from the contest sponsor.
5. The following are the members of the professional jury:
- Chad Evans Wyatt, Photographer, author of the Roma Rising project
- Jana Horváthová, Director, Museum of Roma Culture in Brno
- Anna Juránková, Photographer, Museum of Roma Culture in Brno
- Anna Poláková, Manager, Roma Editorial Board at the Czech Radio
- Jana Šustová, Editor, www.rozhlas.cz/romove Internet website
- Khalil Baalbaki, the Czech Radio photographer and cameraman
6. Each participant has the right to win only once. The prizes will be awarded to the winners at the festive winner declaration, or will be delivered by mail within four weeks from the declaration of the contest winners. Sponsor will not be responsible for the lost or undelivered consignments to the winners.
VIII. PRIZES FOR CONTESTANTS
1. Winners will receive the following prizes:
2. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute these prizes with other prizes of equivalent value and to change the conditions of awarding the prizes in the event that he will not be able to obtain the awards in the condition that would permit the distribution of awards to the winners in accordance with these rules.
- 1st Prize: Digital video camera (approximate value of 25,000 CZK)
- 2nd Prize: Digital camera (approximate value of 13,000 CZK)
- 3rd Prize: MP3 combination player (approximate value of 7,000 CZK)
- 4th to 10th Prize: MP3 TEAC players, 2 GB flash disk, CD with Gipsy.cz: Romany Hip Hop and the Czech Radio promotional items.
IX. SPONSOR’S RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
1. Awards cannot be exchanged for cash and no other awards can be claimed than the ones declared by the sponsor.
2. When the contest ends all photographic contributions which were delivered to the sponsor will become property of the sponsor, who deserves the right to deal with them at his discretion and by all legally permitted methods of the use and to use them for his marketing purposes without further approval from the participant.
3. Sponsor has the right to change the rules of this contest anytime, including its validity, or has the right to terminate this contest altogether. This right does not apply to changing of contest submission and fundamentals of this contest.
X. PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. By participating in this contest each contestant confirms that he/she has read the rules and that he/she agrees with them.
2. In accordance with the applicable regulations of the Act No.101/2000 Coll., on Protection of Personal Information, as amended, the participant hereby provides the sponsor with the permission to process his/her personal information in the extent of his/her name, surname, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any other information given to the sponsor in relation to this contest, in order to verify his/her participation in the contest, distribution of contest awards and for all other sponsor’s business and marketing purposes for the period of 5 years, along with the publishing of his/her name, surname, municipality name in the media and on Internet when announcing the contest results and in the sponsor's advertising and promotional materials.
3. Contestant at the same time expresses his/her agreement that his/her personal information would be processed in its full extent and for the above purposes by third parties authorized by the sponsor.
4. Personal information provided to the sponsor is voluntary. Contestant has the right to recall his/her permission, in which case must do so in writing by the notice sent to the sponsor's address, along with other rights according to § 21 in the Act No. 101/2000 Coll., i.e. especially the right to correct or supplement the information. Recall of the permission is effective at the moment the notice is delivered to the sponsor and will result in the participant's exclusion from any further participation in the contest, including the loss of the right to receive awards in the event the recall is delivered prior to the awards ceremony.
5. As interpreted in the Act on Protection of Personal Information the custodian of information is the Czech Radio, Vinohradská 12, 120 99 Praha 2, ID No.: 45245053.
XI. CONTEST INFORMATION
Anyone interested in the contest can obtain detailed information directly on
Internet, by visiting the following www.romove.cz website.